1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

{RESOLVED}speech recognition mess

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by salbast, Dec 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. salbast

salbast Thread Starter

OK... I enabled speech recognition and I realized that my computer can't handle it. All I wanted to do is check it out. Now the problem is that the only way that I am able to disable it is through Word and going into word is no picnic for me because it starts picking up sound and tries to figure out what I'm trying to say, this goes with everything else and it's just a big mess. Can somebody PLEASE help me. Thank you

2. Rockn

Rockn

Mute your microphone!! Double click the little speaker icon on the lower right by the clock.

3. salbast

salbast Thread Starter

hi! i already muted the microphone and unplugged it because muting it mysteriously didn't work, but i want to turn the service off completely so it doesn't run in the background. does anybody know how to do that?

4. Jnarwed

Jnarwed

5. salbast

salbast Thread Starter

there it is. thatks Jnar. by the way, is that a japanese name. I knew this guy that's Japanese with that name. Thanks for the help

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/60776

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice