[resolved]Spybot keeps finding DSO Exploits ( 5 entries )

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

StiKyVik

Hi there

I have only just begun downloading all the anti virus software and started to sort out the mess that was my pc. When i use Spybot to do a system scan it keeps finding DSO Exploit ( 5 entries):

DSO Exploit: Data source object exploit (Registry change, nothing done)
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-854245398-1757981266-682003330-1004\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-20\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-19\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3

Although i ask it to fix the problems and it tells me it has - it still appears on the next scan. As a newby i have no idea what it is or how to fix it!! Any ideas please?

Thanks!

StiKyVik

Hi Tranquility

thanks for taking the time to reply - my mind is at ease now!! :)

No problem.
To summarize the DSO exploit was a hole in Windows that could allow hackers to compromise a system, but which was patched by Microsoft and it won't harm you if you have the latest Windows updates. Spybot can't deal with the related registry values properly yet.

StiKyVik

that doesn't mean much to me i'm afraid!! I downloaded all the windows updates last night so i should be ok then - thanks for your help! :)

Heh well if you've downloaded all the updates you're out of the woods. Its an annoying thing but will hopefully be fixed with the next Spybot update.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts