1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[Resolved] Startup Programs

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Red Boy, Feb 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Red Boy

Red Boy Thread Starter

I have just installed IE6. As a consequence, I have noticed two new entries in my startup list via msconfig. These are: NVCPL Daemon and NWIZ. I note that these have something to do with video cards. I also noted on a web site that these are supposedly not needed for operation of your computer. Has anyone in this forum noted these two items in their starup list? And, if so, have they unchecked? If so, were there any problems with IE6 or Ourlook Espress 6 as a consequence?

Red Boy:confused:

2. Linkmaster

Linkmaster

Hi Red Boy,
    Yes they can be unchecked without problems. To assure yourself you can look them up here !!

3. Red Boy

Red Boy Thread Starter

Thanks TW56. I thought as much. But always rather be safe than sorry. Because I have found that sometimes what others have experienced is not always what I have read.

Thanks again,
    Red Boy

4. Linkmaster

Linkmaster

Your Welcome !!

5. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Redboy:

If you install a lot of new and updated software, keep tabs on your MSCONFIG startup list. Many of them have a sneaky way of adding entries to the list.:(

Frank's Windows 95/98 Tips :)

6. Red Boy

Red Boy Thread Starter

Thanks Flavallee you are so right. After dowloading IE6 I noted these two new items in my Startup list. And I know they were not there the day before because I had made a listing of what was. Thanks for your making this observation. I am sure it will serve to alert others.

Also, your document "Frank's Windows 95/98 Tips" is a must for anyone that uses and cares about computers. It is tremendously informative. I have it on my Favorites list and refer to it often.

Red Boyso

7. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
  8. jm100dm

jm100dm

Frank
    I believe that you have one 3 to many in the link on message 5. Check it out.:)

9. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
  10. jm100dm

jm100dm

Anytime. I have learned a lot reading through your pages.:)

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/116893

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice