1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

{RESOLVED}Stuck in 16 colors, Dell computer

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Katnine11, Jan 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Katnine11

Katnine11 Thread Starter

Hey everyone,

I've seen this question come up a few times before but I'm really in a bind and it feels like I've tried everything - if anyone could help me out, that would be super cool.

My friend just got a new (used) Dell computer for Christmas and doesn't have the option of running in any more than 16 colours. We have tried looking on driverguide.com and the Dell company website for the correct drivers but none seem to work. I was wondering if maybe someone else would have a better nose for searching out this kind of thing.

He has an integrated motherboard, and I looked at it for numbers or other ID but really couldn't find much - it's a Dell dimension L866r, with Dell Rev A05 on the motherboard and some other numbers like AA-A01985-31 and in the middle, 00015JDG-12461-OC1-010Q. I hope this makes things easier...I feel badly asking a question that has already been answered a few times but I'm really not sure what else to do! Thanks for your patience. : )

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

3. Katnine11

Katnine11 Thread Starter

Thank you so much! I tried your link and it worked wonderfully - I guess I mustn't have been following the instructions properly the first time... : )

Kathleen

4. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

:cool:

Glad to hear it, and of course you are welcome!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112044

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice