1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[Resolved] Task Manager collapses

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Chaos_lord, Oct 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Chaos_lord

Chaos_lord Thread Starter

I have this strange problem with the Task Manager... suddenly in it disappeared the Title line (the colored one where "Windows Task Manager" is written and on its right-hand side are the 3 buttons for Minimize,Restore/Cascade and Close); the File/Options/View/Windows/Shut Down/Help toolbar and the tabs Processes, Perfomance, Networking and Users. Now when I alt+ctrl+del it appears only the Applications tab and nothing else, i mean nothnig - the window borders are gone, all the interface, all buttons. And on the taskbar, it has its own "rectangle", but in it appears only the little pc icon and the Windows Task Manager title is gone too. But when I run the Task Manager as a different user, it runs just fine, no problem at all, although my account is Administrator's. I can't use System Restore since it was suspended due to low disk space on C:. Any ideas what could be the problem? I'd really hate to format my C: just because of this problem, but is really annoying and I don't have the least clue what could be the problem. Oh, I'm using Windows XP Professional+Service Pack 1. My PC specs (although I don't believe they'll be useful here) are MB AbitKR7a, CPU AthlonXP 1700+, RAM 512MB DDR, HDD 40Gb Maxtor. Any help will be highly appreciated.

2. Krall

Krall

First thing you want to do is free up some space on your disk. Low disk space can cause a host of problems in windows cause it interferes with file swapping. So see if making some room helps

3. Krall

Krall

4. putasolution

putasolution

Like this you mean?

[​IMG]

I think you will find that Task manager is in Kiosk mode,

Double click on the space to the left of your buttons at the bottom

Attached Files:

5. Chaos_lord

Chaos_lord Thread Starter

Wowww, now that was a cold shower! I'm feeling stupid :eek: Thank you very much! And just thinking of how I was about to format C:... Thank you all again!

6. XP-1800

XP-1800

Now that is a neat trick..............I didn't know you could do that !!.
    Learn something new every day.........:D

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/169270

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice