1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[Resolved] The parameter is incorrect/error message

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by sybilc, Dec 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sybilc

sybilc Thread Starter

Each time that I sign on to my computer I get a box that says "Web Publishing Wizard" at the top. Then "The parameter is incorrect." Then under that it says "start" then under that. A little box that says "ok". What does this mean and how can I get rid of it. It seemed to start after installing Microsoft Greetings 2001 yet when I uninstalled it. I still get this error message box.
    I'm using windows 98 and a Pentium II 400mhz.

2. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    Do this so we can take a look at your startup programs.

Click on Start>Run, key in msinfo32 and press enter.

In the Left pane, double left click on "Software Enviroment" then do the same on "Startup Programs". Now you should see your startup programs in the left pane.

Click on Edit>SelectAll and then click on Edit>Copy. Now come here and click on "PostReply". Right click in the reply window and select Paste.

3. sybilc

sybilc Thread Starter

4. sybilc

sybilc Thread Starter

Please tell me how to "Click on Start>Run, key in msinfo32 and press enter." What/where is msinfo32?

5. sybilc

sybilc Thread Starter

Windows Guardian Startup Group "C:\Program Files\the HelpSpot!\Fawgrd32.exe" /STARTUP
    EPSON Background Monitor Startup Group C:\ESM2\Stms.exe
    Internet Answering Machine Startup Group "C:\Program Files\Web Publish\WPWIZ.EXE" -start
    Webshots Startup Group "C:\Program Files\Webshots\WebshotsTray.exe"
    Event Reminder Startup Group "C:\Program Files\Mindscape\PrintMaster\PMREMIND.EXE" /Q
    Reminder Registry (Per-User Run) C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\reminder.exe
    Taskbar Display Controls Registry (Per-User Run) RunDLL deskcp16.dll,QUICKRES_RUNDLLENTRY
    ScanRegistry Registry (Machine Run) c:\windows\scanregw.exe /autorun
    TaskMonitor Registry (Machine Run) c:\windows\taskmon.exe
    SystemTray Registry (Machine Run) SysTray.Exe
    LoadPowerProfile Registry (Machine Run) Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
    EnsoniqMixer Registry (Machine Run) starter.exe
    AvconsoleEXE Registry (Machine Run) C:\Program Files\Network Associates\McAfee VirusScan\avconsol.exe /minimize
    McAfeeWebScanX Registry (Machine Run) C:\PROGRAM FILES\NETWORK ASSOCIATES\MCAFEE VIRUSSCAN\WebScanX.exe
    Vshwin32EXE Registry (Machine Run) C:\PROGRAM FILES\NETWORK ASSOCIATES\MCAFEE VIRUSSCAN\VSHWIN32.EXE
    VsStatEXE Registry (Machine Run) C:\Program Files\Network Associates\McAfee VirusScan\VSSTAT.EXE
    VoodooBanshee Registry (Machine Run) rundll32.exe 3DBBps.dll,BansheeLoadSettings
    WinampAgent Registry (Machine Run) "C:\PROGRAM FILES\WINAMP\WINAMPa.exe"
    RealTray Registry (Machine Run) C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER
    Extranet AutoDial Registry (Machine Run) C:\Program Files\DeltaNet VPN Connector\AutoExt.exe
    tgcmd Registry (Machine Run) C:\program files\support.com\bin\tgcmd.exe /server /nosystray
    LoadPowerProfile Registry (Machine Service) Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
    SchedulingAgent Registry (Machine Service) mstask.exe
    winmodem Registry (Machine Service) WINMODEM.101\wmexe.exe
    Vshwin32EXE Registry (Machine Service) C:\PROGRAM FILES\NETWORK ASSOCIATES\MCAFEE VIRUSSCAN\VSHWIN32.EXE

6. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    Start>Run, key in Msconfig and press enter.

Click on the "Startup" tab.

Now scroll and locate the entry for "Internet Answering Machine". Now click on the checkmark next to it to Remove it. Then click on Apply, OK and follow the prompts to restart.

Do you still get that error at startup?

BTW, this is unrelated to your error at startup but are the words ExtraNet or DeltaNet familiar to you? I'm wondering what that one startup item is.

7. sybilc

sybilc Thread Starter

Bryan,
    Are you a genius or what?
    I did what you said, and now that pesky error message is gone.
    Thank you so much.

And yes, Extranet and Deltanet are both familiar to me. They are job related. They get me into the system at work.

SybilC

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63476

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice