1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[Resolved] To Techguy (again) - Your Ads

Discussion in 'Site Help, Feedback, & Announcements' started by Couriant, Apr 15, 2004.

Advertisement
  1. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor Thread Starter

First Name:
    James
    I have a question regarding your ad banners.

I have an issue with Ads and IE6. (This is the post I have)

99.9% they are blocked by something that was installed/added to IE, but I noticed that one of your ads it's not blocked (the green one with CATAMSIA or something like that). I was wondering what is the difference between the that ad and all the others of your banner ads?

2. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    If only I could find a way so you couldn't block any of them. :)

3. Couriant

First Name:
    James
    :) Sorry, it was unintentional, it should have stopped the pop-up ads, I don't know why it got the banner ads too...

4. brushmaster1

brushmaster1

Complaining about the ads may be fun, but remember that they are what pays the bills so that you have access to a great site like TSG!

5. TOGG

TOGG

I haven't been bothered by ads since I donated, well worth it IMHO.

Sometimes get them when I use my Opera browser until I sign in, perhaps I've got some settings wrong somewhere so I don't keep a cookie, but it's a minor problem.

What I would like to know is, is there any way to donate (again) other than via PayPal?. I could use snail mail but I think a UK bank would charge too much to provide a cheque denominated in $.

6. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Credit card ;)

7. hewee

hewee

I mailed a check to Mike. :)

YES! You can donate by mail!
    Michael J. Cermak, Jr.
    Tech Support Guy
    P.O. Box 127
    Waynesboro, PA 17268
    USA

8. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

He's in the UK Hewee, I don't think I'd test the postal system from here either ;)

9. hewee

hewee

That should be ok still Candy. Get a travels check in case something happens you can get your money back if it is losted.

10. brushmaster1

brushmaster1

If a check seems too chancy, send a money order...

11. cnelson04

cnelson04

I don't have any probleum with the ad's (i think they help some times) :)

12. Couriant

First Name:
    James
    Getting off the subject....

I never had a problem with the ads, it just happened. And since the green ad for TechSmith CAMTASIA Studios is the only ad that I can see, I was wondering what is the difference between that ad and all the rest and if it can resolve my dead ad situation.

As for the UK, the travellers cheque won't be that expensive since the pound is stronger than the $ (I know i'm british)

13. hewee

hewee

Your love having not ads here and your see faster page loads too.
    For me and others that are here a lot it is the best thing Mike ever did buy having no ads show up. I say the $20.00 a year is very very cheap and I am on the start of my 3rd year of no ads and love it. :)

14. Couriant

First Name:
    James
    Last time: I DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE ADS!!! They don't bother me. For some reason or another I have lost the ability to view the ads, which in turn made my gaming on POGO dead because the gamerooms start off with an advertisement. Since the ad is not there, it can't redirect to the gameroom (scripted that way)

So if you can help me with my problem fine, but stop posting about donating to turn off the ads... I know I can do that but right now I don't mind the ads.

15. hewee

hewee

I never looked at the other thread on your ad troubles. Sorry I was thinking it was here you had trouble but see it is every where.

Looks like RandyG maybe right on where the trouble is.
    I see your using netscape and all works ok.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!