(Resolved) Transfering Files

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

myk

I was wondering what is the best way of transfering huge files from my laptop to my desktop PC. They both have XP and I am currently running them both on a wireless router.

Myk
Off the top of my head there are three methods of transfer and maybe more. Here they are in order of speed of transfer.
1) Direct cable connect. Click Here for info.
2) Share files through your Router. (This method we use and seems to be OK for our use). Had to add the netbeui protocol to make it work though.
3) Burn to CD-RW

Hope that helps you

Dave

Originally posted by myk:
I was wondering what is the best way of transfering huge files from my laptop to my desktop PC. They both have XP and I am currently running them both on a wireless router.
IMHO, quickest (assuming you have set up a network between the two and not just using router for internet access on each), either copy/cut and paste over TCP/IP or make shortcut in 'Send To' and cut/copy for sending. Have found the wireless network on mine much, much slower than hardwire, so don't do much large file transfering on wireless - mostly use wireless when weather good and using from patio. No netbeui on any of my five (2-lap, 3-PC, mix of WIN98 & XPHE).

myk

Thanks.

I used a cross-over cable and was able to do it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online