1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

{RESOLVED}Try Again Message at Startup

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by rds33, Nov 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rds33

rds33 Thread Starter

After fixing a problem that prevented me from using Windows Update I downloaded the current Critical Updates package and DirectX 8.1. Now I'm experiencing a problem I had several years ago ... and I can't remember how I fixed it. I'm hoping you can help me.
    At start up, and occasionally thereafter, I get this annoying message (see attachment) that says, "No connection to the internet is currently available..." I click "Try Again" and IE "discovers" my DSL connection and everything is fine.
    Please, how can I fix this [again]?
    I'm using Win98se

Attached Files:

2. Linkmaster

Linkmaster

Hi rds33,
    Im glad you got the other problem taken care of. Im not sure about DSL but my cable had problems connecting. I called and they set me up with a new IP address and it works great now they said my old address wasnt working for me

3. Chum

Chum

Could be your machine is trying to dial up a connection. This won't work with DSL. Go to Internet Options and choose the connection tab...make sure "never dial up a connection" is checked. I had same problem
    after dowloading "upgrades"!

4. rds33

rds33 Thread Starter

After the Critical Updates install I had to reset "Never dial ..." and my LAN [DSL] settings. After several reboots I continued to get the "No connection ..." message, so I did a Repair on IE and that seems to have eliminated the problem. I've rebooted four times now and things appear to be stable.
    -rds33

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59036

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice