1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[Resolved] "VIRUS FOUND!" message on my PC.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by criminalist, Sep 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. criminalist

criminalist Thread Starter

I got this lame warning on my computer today and I thought I'd post it here in hopes for some wisdom in rectifying the issue.

It is a small window that reads the following:

"Virus Found!

Warning! Trend PC-cillin has detected a virus. Please run a complete scan of all files to be sure that the virus has not spread.

Real-time Scan

Infected file: A:\Virtuagirl_brianabanks_full.exe

Virus name: BKDR_DELF.BZ

User name: Jenny

Action Unable to clean. Infected file was quarantined."

My only problem with this is that I know of no such file on my computer. I did a PC-cillin scan and the search came up empty. I even tried to do a system search to locate this supposed file and I came up empty handed. The thing that really gets me is the A:\. That is my floppy drive and the disk in there at the time of the message is a disk I use for school work.

If there really is a file of Briana Banks, I want to know about it. All kidding aside, I'm not excited about seeing this message because I have no clue what may have happened to my system especially if the afformentioned message is true. Thanks in advance.

2. tuffguy

tuffguy

Hi, You should have posted this on the security forum however this is a backdoor program. Visit trendmicro.com, click on the
    security information tab, type the name of the virus in the box and click the arrow next to it. You'll find all the info you need and
    what to do about it there. It sounds like the virus only exists on the floppy disk so you may be lucky. Right click the PcCillin icon
    on the system tray and click on start up pccillin>Standard tab>Quarantine. If the file exists on your computer it will be listed there. Read the removal instructions on the Trend Micro website first, but it should be ok to just delete it. Hope this helps.:)

3. criminalist

Thank you tuffguy, you've been a great help.

4. Topkat

Topkat

Here's the info on the virus.

http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default2.asp?m=q&virus=BKDR_DELF.BZ&alt=DELF.BZ

5. criminalist

Thank you also Topkat, I was able to rid my computer of this plague.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!