1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

{RESOLVED}Volume Control Missing

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by ALH2174, Dec 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ALH2174

ALH2174 Thread Starter

I found similar problems w/ solutions posted but after i followed them my "show volume control on task bar" is still shadowed out so i can not check it... im using Windows 98. i uninstalled and reinstalled the multimedia/volume control. my computer crashed several months ago and after having it fixed (by the IT guy at work) everything else runs fine just NO SOUND! no matter what troubleshooting steps i follow it just doesnt come back.

2. rkselby98

rkselby98

Usually if the sound volume is missing and doesn't work it is because of faulty sound card drivers. Try updating the sound card drivers and see if that doesn't help.

3. ALH2174

ALH2174 Thread Starter

well took some searching but found the sound card driver i needed and now i have sound...thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61886

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice