(Resolved) Winamp error message

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

telecom69

Gone but never forgotten
When I try to load up winamp an error messager appears on the screen saying error: AWEamp:no available AWE cards found and there is no audio this has only happened since I downloaded the latest version by the way if it matters Im using windows ME ...help appreciated

Good morning,

Have you also downloaded a plugin to enhance or show videos?

Savvy :)
PS... I just visited the Winamp forum

Goto:
Add/Remove Programs Control Panel -> Windows SetUp tab
Multimedia Components -> Details
Make sure "Audio" & "Video Compression" & "Media Player" are all checkmarked.
If not, or they are greyed out, re-check them and place your Windows CD-ROM in the drive. Click "Okay" and let Windows do its thing. You will need to reboot afterwards.

If everything was already checkmarked, goto:
Multimedia Control Panel -> Advanced tab
Check that all entries under "Audio compression codecs -> Properties" are set to "Enable" [Use this codec].
You might also want to do the same for the entries under "Media Devices"
(NB. only "enable" VCR & Laser Disk if you have the actual hardware).

Other things you might want to try first:
Winamp -> Prefs -> Output -> WaveOut Plugin -> Configure
Change the "Output Device" from WaveMapper to one that best describes your soundcard (from the drop-down menu).
You could also try using the "DirectSound" Output Plugin instead of "WaveOut".

You might also want to make sure that you have got the latest drivers for your soundcard (which is what, btw ?)

telecom69

Gone but never forgotten
Hiya Savvy nice to see you by the way its afternoon here,see youve gone past the thousand posts and I do like your latest signature at the bottom,now then most of what you told me to do isnt there unfortunately is it because its windows ME,? but what I could see was configured correctly,and as far as I can see my sound card is creative audio pci[ES1371,ES1373][WDM].........And I havent downloaded any plug in's yet

telecom69

Gone but never forgotten
Ok Savvy I solved it by re-installing it must have been a bad download thanks for your help ...Bob

That was the easiest solution... glad you got it fixed!

My brother sends me these quotes & I change them when he sends a new one I like... but think Im going to keep this one a while. I like it too. Especially in here 'cause the majority of computers troubles are always something new & have to be handled the same way.

Savvy :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online