{RESOLVED}windows 98 initiation file

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pbeasley

I recently installed a software program on my laptop in conjunction with a Royal organizer I bought. I've decided not to use this organizer and I uninstalled the program. It left a file in the startup program that initiates the program and ties up the modem. I don't know how to get this file out of the start up. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks - Pam

If the file is just in your startup programs group, highlight it, right click and select delete

If it's not go to start/run/type msconfig and press enter. go to the startup tab. this is a list of all programs that load when you start your computer, scroll down the list and find the line calling the file or program, uncheck the box. Next time you restart it shouldn't load that file

Hope this helps

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online