1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

{RESOLVED}windows 98 initiation file

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by pbeasley, Dec 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pbeasley

pbeasley Thread Starter

I recently installed a software program on my laptop in conjunction with a Royal organizer I bought. I've decided not to use this organizer and I uninstalled the program. It left a file in the startup program that initiates the program and ties up the modem. I don't know how to get this file out of the start up. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks - Pam

2. brianF

brianF

If the file is just in your startup programs group, highlight it, right click and select delete

If it's not go to start/run/type msconfig and press enter. go to the startup tab. this is a list of all programs that load when you start your computer, scroll down the list and find the line calling the file or program, uncheck the box. Next time you restart it shouldn't load that file

Hope this helps

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62797

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice