(Resolved) Windows Update not downloading

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Enil8

I go to Windows Update and search for updates and everything goes fine, then i click on Reivew and Install Updates, then click on Install. That brings me to the Accept policy thing so i click accept and then it says Preparing to download... and there's that download window, but it just sits there and nothing happens. One time i just let it sit there for 15 minutes and no errors or anything, so what should i do?

Hang in there.....you know MS announced a new vulnerability and are asking people to install the patch. The site is probably very busy.

Enil8

Ok, thanks, do you know when they'll probably be ready for me to download everything again?

Enil8,

Just saw your post and clicked on my Win Update - I was able to do it reasonably fast.

It was (for me with the updates I selected) a 5.2mb download and I'm on a 512k DSL - what about you ??

Perhaps try at times when fewer US based users are likely to be online.

Enil8

I have cable, so if the download would start, it'd be downloaded pretty quickly. The problem is it just doesn't initialize.

Enil8

Thanks motherboard! one of the things on there worked, i don't know how i didn't find it. Thanks again!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online