1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

(Resolved) Windows Update not downloading

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Enil8, Sep 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Enil8

Enil8 Thread Starter

I go to Windows Update and search for updates and everything goes fine, then i click on Reivew and Install Updates, then click on Install. That brings me to the Accept policy thing so i click accept and then it says Preparing to download... and there's that download window, but it just sits there and nothing happens. One time i just let it sit there for 15 minutes and no errors or anything, so what should i do?

2. buckaroo

buckaroo

Hang in there.....you know MS announced a new vulnerability and are asking people to install the patch. The site is probably very busy.

3. Enil8

Enil8 Thread Starter

Ok, thanks, do you know when they'll probably be ready for me to download everything again?

4. RSM123

RSM123

Enil8,

Just saw your post and clicked on my Win Update - I was able to do it reasonably fast.

It was (for me with the updates I selected) a 5.2mb download and I'm on a 512k DSL - what about you ??

Perhaps try at times when fewer US based users are likely to be online.

5. mobo

mobo

6. Enil8

Enil8 Thread Starter

I have cable, so if the download would start, it'd be downloaded pretty quickly. The problem is it just doesn't initialize.

7. buckaroo

buckaroo

8. Enil8

Enil8 Thread Starter

Thanks motherboard! one of the things on there worked, i don't know how i didn't find it. Thanks again!

9. mobo

mobo

You're welcome.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/164062

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice