1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[Resolved] Windows wont load plz help

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by jasonrosegiese, Dec 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jasonrosegiese

jasonrosegiese Thread Starter

Hello,
    My PC was working fine, but when I got home and powered it up, it goes through the boot sequence, but then it says " While initializing sdd help Invalid licence" The computer then shuts off. I have no idea what this means. It's running Win 98 se.

PLZ PLZ help:confused:

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

3. jasonrosegiese

I uninstalled it, then searched out any remaining files and removed them, but its still doing it.

4. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

There are a couple of methods you can use to try to isolate the source of the problem. One would be to try "step by step" confirmation and determine what file or device being loaded causes the problem. Step by step is available through the startup menu (ctrl key on startup>startup menu...)

Another would be to use "clean boot" troubleshooting techniques using msconfig. You can bypass all startup group, autoexec.bat, config.sys, win.ini and system.ini groups for a test and see if the error still occurs. Then enable them selectively to isolate it.

Also using msconfig>advanced, you can load just a standard VGA driver to see if it is video driver related.

Guidance in using msconfig can be had from the startup and clean boot troubleshooters....

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q188867

I would also suggest running regedit and using the Edit>Find tool for searching out any reference to sddhelp or remaining entries for the software. In fact, this might be a good first step, as the entry is quite likely in the registry.

5. jasonrosegiese

Thanks a million.
    I used regedit, and searched. I found several sdd entries, and deleted them all. It boots fine now.
    Thanx alot.

6. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

That's great, you're welcome :)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63188

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice