1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[Resolved] Wordpad Download?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by clueless99, Oct 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. clueless99

clueless99 Thread Starter

Somehow Wordpad got deleted from my computer and is no longer functioning. I was wonder where I might find a download for it. Thanks in advance!

2. Miz

Miz

To make sure Wordpad and not just the shortcut to it has been removed, use the Search or Find command (depending on operating system) on the Start Menu to look for "wordpad.exe" (without the quotes). If it's there, just create a new shortcut to it.

If it's not there:

If you're running Win98/ME, go to Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs>Windows Setup tab. Click on Accesories to select it, then on the Details button (lower right). Wordpad will be listed there. If there's a checkmark in the box, click on it to remove it, click Apply. Then go back and put the check mark back into the box and click on Apply again. That will reinstall Wordpad. (It might ask for your Windows CD so have it handy)

If you're using WinXP, Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs>Add Remove Windows Components (on the left). Click Accessories and Utilities to select it, click Details button. Click Accessories again, click Details button. Then find the entry for Wordpad and do the same as above to reinstall it.

3. clueless99

There is no entry for "Wordpad." I'm using Win. XP btw.

4. bassetman

bassetman Moderator (deceased) - Gone but never forgotten

Then just follow Miz's last suggestion. :cool:

5. clueless99

I did. Through some random searchings, I found the Wordpad program in a folder and all is well! :)

6. bassetman

bassetman Moderator (deceased) - Gone but never forgotten

Glad to hear! :D

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170029

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice