1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[Resolved] worm {[email protected]}

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by eveready, Dec 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. eveready

eveready Thread Starter

just did an online scan it found 3 worm menace.a viruses could delete 2 but could not delete worm menace.a c:/WINDOWS/MSDOS423.EXE house call says file is in use running me os need help

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

3. ezymony

ezymony

thanks rog eveready is my neighbor we are downloading virus scanner from grist.com then we are gonna try to get the virus out will let you know if we mess anything up

4. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

everyready I just got your PM but you was in the best hands w/ Rog.
    I don't really know much about virus as far as curing thm goes.

5. ezymony

ezymony

thanks saavy and rog still trying to help eveready we followed symantec instructions thought we had it all taken care of re
    booted scaned with avg it found 3 menace worms
    in c:\_restore\temp\a0089984.cpy
    c:\_restore\temp\a0089985.cpy
    c:\_restore\temp\a0090032.cpy this is how they look after the scan could not mend or delete any suggestions would be helpful i could not find these files

6. brianF

brianF

7. ezymony

ezymony

thanks a bunch bryan i think we are ok says files will eventually be purged out by newer restore files maybe just leave it alone for right now

8. ezymony

ezymony

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63535

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice