[Resolved] WORM_BADTRANS.B Virus

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

denweber

I've just been infected with the WORM_BADTRANS.B virus as diagnosed by House Call and am trying to delete it from my computer. I follow the instructions but upon restart the virus is right back in there. Does it perhaps reside in another place besides the system files, like maybe in an email that hasn't been deleted from Outlook Express? Can anyone help me?

denweber

Thanks for your help. I was unaware of the existing thread about this worm. I ended up downloading the free antivirus software AVG 6.0 from grisoft.com. The software scanned my computer, detected the worm, and deleted it automatically. I am a satisfied user of AVG 6.0! It was very simple to download, install and run. Everything's fine now. Thanks alot for your help eddie!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online