{RESOLVED}Wrong amount of RAM found

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

HipHopMusik

I just installed 128MD SDRAM on an old compaq prescario with an AMD k6 processor. When the memory test runs, it only finds 48MB. I'm not quite sure what's wrong with it. It's the only stick in there (besides a COAST), so it's definitely finding it, just not the right amount.

sounds like a limit is set
Did you go to start/ run/ msconfig/ advanced and see if the check is off or on ....
in limit memory .

Is that board meant to support that amount and type of RAM?

HipHopMusik
If the limit is not set as Savvy says then we will need more information to look up your Motherboard and see if it can handle more memory. Need to know Preserio model number and OS also would be nice.
Dave

HipHopMusik

I'm not at the house where the computer is, so I'll reply with the motherboard when I can (if i remember correctly, it was a thunderbird or something like that. I know it uses SDRAM, and I'm pretty sure it can use more than 48MB.

HipHop
The V410e is the monitor designation I believe. See if there is another number associated with the tower.
Dave

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online