1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[Resolved] XP SP2 and Multiple Accounts

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ABAPer, Sep 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ABAPer

ABAPer Thread Starter

I installed SP2 a few days ago and everything looks fine until my wife informed me that she is unable to use her account. From the Welcome screen when you click on her account, the screen goes blue for a second or two and returns back to the Welcome screen. I have no problem when I click on my account.

I tried creating a new account and this new account acts just like my wife's account. (All accounts are setup as Administator.)

Should I disable the firewall feature? (I have another firewall already in place.)

Thanks,

2. southernlady

southernlady

Oh DEFINITELY tell the Windows Firewall that you have another one in place. Go to the Firewall and turn it off and then to the Security Center and tell it that you will monitor it yourself. Otherwise, it gets in your face about it.

If you have a separate A/V, do the same thing at the Security Center about that.

Do it for your account and for your wife's account. Liz

3. ABAPer

ABAPer Thread Starter

I turned MS Firewall off and things are working again.

Thanks for your help.

4. southernlady

southernlady

I'm glad everything is working again...we probably need to have this one marked solved. So if you go to the little red triangle above your post and tell the moderator that this one is solved, they will mark it that way for you. Liz

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273810

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice