1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

{Resolved} Zip game installation

Discussion in 'Games' started by ascension15, Sep 10, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ascension15

ascension15 Thread Starter

I downloaded an old arcade game and it is a zip file. So when I run the ZIP program it says that I can view documentation and when I click next it will install the game. The problem is that when I click 'install' the game is installed but when it finished a medium sized DOS box appeared saying "Type RAIDEN to run." However if I hit any key I get a message saying the DOS box has terminated. There is a cursor but I can't type anything.

So how do I find the executable to run it? I suppose I have to go into DOS, but how do I zip it in DOS? And why install in Windows in the first place?

2. Kirkland

Kirkland

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ascension15:
    I downloaded an old arcade game and it is a zip file. So when I run the ZIP program it says that I can view documentation and when I click next it will install the game. The problem is that when I click 'install' the game is installed but when it finished a medium sized DOS box appeared saying "Type RAIDEN to run." However if I hit any key I get a message saying the DOS box has terminated. There is a cursor but I can't type anything.

So how do I find the executable to run it? I suppose I have to go into DOS, but how do I zip it in DOS? And why install in Windows in the first place?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I have a Zip 250 (100 disk capabilities). I understand the Zip 250 disk must be "fixed" using Iomega's "Make Non-removable" tool. Once done, the computer recognizes the Zip disk as a hard drive and can install from there.
    *I've never used a Zip 250/100 disk in that configuration.
    *I think a Zip drive can only access DOS based programs from the "non-removable" configuration. Someone with more experience with the Iomega "Make non-removable" tool can help both of us.
    *I own some DOS based games I have not run on Windows98 computers. I'd like to know the specific technical answer to your question myself.
    *But if you have the capability to use the "Make non-removalbe" feature, you might try from there.

------------------

3. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

Post the URL for the gamesite, I will download it and see if I experience the same thing.

4. ascension15

ascension15 Thread Starter

Nevermind, I found the solution. I simply had to modify around it as an executable, and I found out how. Thanks anyways [​IMG]

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/37359

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice