1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Resource Conflict SVGA/VGA Display Adapter

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by james91911, Apr 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. james91911

james91911 Thread Starter

I have a resource conflict between my 3DForce B-32 Plus, NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64 and the standard Microsoft VGA Standard Display Adapter on my Windows 98 new install. Both are trying to use the same Resource Type/Settings and one has to move to a different setting or be turned off (per the MS Trouble Shooter). I followed the help suggestions in the Trouble Shooter but every time I tried to change settings I get a message "No Modifications Allowed" or "This setting cannot be modified". This is displayed each time I click on Memory Range, InPut/OutPut Range under Resource Type. I deleted the VGA Adapter and it solved the problem and the TNT2 driver took over, but then I ran into real problems with the Windows Registry Checker and I had to restore the registry back to my original install date to get the driver back (and the VGA/SVGA conflict too). The last thing I did was check the box in the VGA profile to "Remove from this hardware profile", but each time I restart the computer the checkmark is gone and the conflict remains. Any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated, and thank you very much for your time.
    james91911 :confused:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!