1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Resource.dll failed to intialize

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by dabwid, Sep 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dabwid

dabwid Thread Starter

I am running 98SE and I am getting a error message Resource.dll failed to intialize when I try to open some programs, Norton and when I try to delete. Whrer can I find this DLL and how do I install it.

2. beekeeper

beekeeper

ClickHERE for help

3. dabwid

dabwid Thread Starter

I went to the link and followed the directions. When asked for the disc I put in my 98SE. It could not find the BanYan file. Was this the right one? I also went to the MS site and ran a search, it took me to the provided link. So I am kinda bewildered on what to do next. HELP!!

4. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

You may not be able to just stop at pointing it to the 98 cd, you may have to browse to the win98 folder on it. But a question, do you use that protocol?

5. dabwid

dabwid Thread Starter

When I boot up I get this message that something I uninstalled is missing a registry or a file. The only thing I uninstalled was Norton AV & Firewall Because they would not open or do anything. Before I reinstall them I want to find out about the Resource.DLL. I am a rookie at this so sometimes I get lost.

6. ~Candy~

7. dabwid

dabwid Thread Starter

What is Protocol?

8. ~Candy~

It's for networking. Do you have any kind of network set up?

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!