Resources run low

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ultimax

Hi,

I've got a similar problem. I've run Adaware and Spybot and they've taken out all the junk. MSCONFIGs reveals that I'm not running anything I don't have to.

The problem is that it appears that resources aren't freed up even though I shut down the program. Everything's ok when I first boot up, but the longer the PC's on , the less resources it'll have. For eg, right now, only 30% of my resources are free, despite me not running anything else besides ICQ and IE. If I open several other browser windows, everything will grow screwy (browser windows won;t load right etc) and I'll get the insufficient memory error (under "performance": Danger, <2% of your resources are free or something like that).

What gives? I've got a P4 2.0 with 256mb of RAM.

thanks!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online