Rest Of My Hd

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JohnJ

I HAVE A 20GIG HD RUNNING WIN98SE, FAT32. I CAN ONLY USE 2GIG OF THE HD. I TRIED USING FDISK BUT SINCE I DON'T HAVE A DOS PARTITION IT WON'T LET ME PARTITION THE REST OF THE DRIVE. IS THERE ANOTHER SOFTWARE THAT WILL LET ME ACCESS THE REST OF MY DRIVE WITHOUT LOSING ANY DATA?

JohnJ
Give us a little more info, how old is the machine that the drive is in? It could be a bios problem.

Did you install this drive using partitioning software such as MaxBlast from Maxtor?

See Ya

JohnJ

the computer is pretty new (about 1yr old). It has a P3 processor, 128mb ram, and it's a Dell dimension. Nothing was used other than FDisk when setting up the HD. Dos was then installed, then Win98se overwriting Dos.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online