1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Restart and Shutdown

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Awesom, Mar 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Awesom

Awesom Thread Starter

Well my computer will not shutdown or restart just from clicking the button, it comes up with end now for many programs and then will eventually shutdown or restart it has only recently started doing this and its pretty irritating so if anyone knows any possible solutions I would be very grateful.

2. kuzhanthaivelu

kuzhanthaivelu

Put virus scan by safe mode after updating anti virus

3. Awesom

Awesom Thread Starter

Sorry I don't know what you mean and I don't know how that will solve anything and I am 100% sure I have no viruses as I did have alot and have just sorted it all out in the Malware section on this site.

4. Bichey

Bichey

Have you pasted an Hijack This Log into the malware section and have u received help from there ???

5. Awesom

Awesom Thread Starter

Yes and discovered a few viruses which have all been removed and it is all clear but this problem still occurs it must not be a virus.

6. Bichey

Bichey

i think u can try sfc /scannow from start->run, if u have original windows cd

7. Awesom

Awesom Thread Starter

I did that and it scanned and all but it didn't fix the problem or anything.

8. kuzhanthaivelu

kuzhanthaivelu

You can run check disk for the OS partition. Then check it.

9. Awesom

Awesom Thread Starter

How do I do that?

10. kuzhanthaivelu

kuzhanthaivelu

Got to & Open "My Computer" then select the partition where you installed Operation System, & select properties from right click option.

From that window, select "Tool" tab on that click "Check Now" button.
    It will ask to check the two nos of check box in that window. after checked that box, it will ask Some question for do that check disk, from that you click "yes".

Then you should restart the pc. While booting it shows the check disk process. you can watch if there is any error or bad sectors are automatically fix itself.

Donot press any key while asking for start check disk.

11. Awesom

Awesom Thread Starter

Oh is this what runs if you do not shut down your computer correctly? Because that has been done recently and has done nothing for the problem.

12. kuzhanthaivelu

kuzhanthaivelu

Otherwise repair the Operating System with XP bootable cd

13. Awesom

Awesom Thread Starter

Yeah see I want to do anything other then that because I recently did that and all was good then this has suddenly popped up and I am hoping to fix it without doing that again

14. kuzhanthaivelu

kuzhanthaivelu

Okay,

May i know your pc configuration?

15. Awesom

Awesom Thread Starter

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/810697

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice