restart/BSOD loop, with unique twist

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

RayMan225

Where do I begin...

I'm at my wits end, I have tried every fix or method I can find, but I can't find anyone with a problem similar to mine.

I am not a clever man, I don't know jack-diddly-squat about computers, hardware or software, besides what small tidbits I managed to teach myself through instructional videos and experience, so my pride in finishing building my own PC after several months and nearly 2K is understandable. Last thing I forgot was the OS, and being out of funds, I discovered that Windows 10 is practically free so I downloaded it using a flash drive. Everything was smooth as butter, startup was quick, heavy games running on max graphics, all was well. smash-cut a month later and suddenly I'm getting a few random BSOD crashes during gameplay. I run virus scans but it worsens to BSOD crashing about a minute after starting up and reaching my desktop, when all the startup programs... well, start up. I pay attention to what programs are running using the task manager and deduce it was my AVG antivirus trial running out, trying to run a program to advertise the full version, screwing up somehow, and crashing my PC. I delete AVG and everythibg returns to normal for about a week, then it starts doing it again, only worse, it doesn't even get me to the desktop. So I manage to boot it in safe mode in the convoluted and more dificult than it should be method and run a system check with the command prompt and it finds a couple issues and fixes them. Again, working fine for about a week, and then it gets much worse. Now it's just reboot looping and BSOD crashing, until it doesn't. No other way to describe it, it would just start working for the rest of the day, then repeat the next day. Now it's reached the point that it endlessly loops with either a straight reset or has blue screen first, I can't reach the desktop, automatic recovery doesn't work because it crashes long before it even reaches the options menu, so I can't reach safe mode, except once in a blue moon. I've tried to disable fast startup, revert my latest build of Windows, backup my files and even nuke my hard drive, but all of those are only doable outside of safe mode. I ran virus scans, disk checks, updated all my drivers, still nothing. So I gave up and decided to just format everything, but it just errors, whether I tell it to keep my personal files or not. I already saved the files I want to keep to an external. I tried to redownloas Windows using the usb drive, but it BSOD crashes a few seconds in.

I'm lost, I'm frustrated, and I have no clue what else to do.

Further info: the BSOD messages are random, I'm not sure between how many different ones, possibly six.
Windows updated around when the problems began, as did NVidia drivers, which gave me a bit of trouble just not wanting to work, and to a lesser importance so did Steam.

If my hardware matters, I have a MSI Pro Solution Intel Z170A LGA 1151 DDR4 USB 3.1 ATX Motherboard (Z170-A Pro)
EVGA Supernova 750 power supply
Asus 24x DVD-RW
Asus Geforce GTX 1070 08GB graphics card
2 HyperFury 8gb ram cards
Intel core i7 processor

naresh498

Naresh k
I am afraid. I believe you tried all steps. May have to speak to manufacturer now.

RayMan225

that's it, I refuse to touch it again until I receive some advice. I maay or may not have broken it even worse. I managed to get the install usb to work and it went through and supposedly installed windows, but there was an issue, and it's hard for me to describe. It went to a window that showed two storage devices, from the GB sizes it looked like it was displaying my regular hdd and the usb flash drive. It gave some technical reason it couldn't dowload to a storage device, something about not being formatted the right way, so I pressed an option that had a symbol with an eraser that said 'format', but overall nothing changed. I tried it to both storage devices, with same results. So instead of leaving let be I got frustrated and deleted both, thinking this would have the effect of a factory reset. Not too sure what happened, the 500gb device disappeared, and the one that had nearly two terrabytes of space was able to be selected, so I did. It all installed normally, it looked the same as when I first installed, and it restarted. Now when I boot up my computer, my keyboard won't work, it displays the splash screen of my bios, but it just hangs there with spinning dots, then it either crashes or goes to a new blue screen with four recovery options that I cannot press without my keyboard.

So, since it seems everything I touch dies, I'd REALLY appreciate some advice.

Hi Rayman, welcome to the TSG Forums.......:D

In your first Post you wrote..... ".....I discovered that Windows 10 is practically free so I downloaded it using a flash drive.....".

The Windows 10 Home edition downloaded from the Microsoft site to a Flash Drive costs US$120. Not what I would call "....practically free...", but then that is just my personal view, perhaps for you $120 is practically free.

I assume that you did download W10 from the Microsoft site....? If not could you provide details of the site where you downloaded W10.

T.

RayMan225

I say win10 is practically free because from the microsoft site it gives you the trial version, and the only limitations are you are unable to customize things like desktop backgrounds and other personalization features.

This website: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO

Hi Rayman, welcome to the TSG Forums.......:D

In your first Post you wrote..... ".....I discovered that Windows 10 is practically free so I downloaded it using a flash drive.....".

The Windows 10 Home edition downloaded from the Microsoft site to a Flash Drive costs US$120. Not what I would call "....practically free...", but then that is just my personal view, perhaps for you $120 is practically free.

I assume that you did download W10 from the Microsoft site....? If not could you provide details of the site where you downloaded W10.

T.

I have no personal experience with the Trial Version of W10, therefore it is probably best if another Member advises you.

My only comment is that if I was experiencing the issues that you are experiencing I would stop at this point and start again from the beginning. That means reformatting both the HDD and the USB drive using another computer. Then reinstalling the HDD and downloading W10 again to the USB drive. Once that was completed I would then very carefully install W10 from the USB to the HDD ensuring that I read all the instructions and any messages that appeared during the installation.

Hopefully another Member has experience of installing the Trial Version and can advise you accordingly.

T.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online