Restart button not working can only restart by shutdown

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

PCSAR911

I recently updated a Dell Alienware Aurora-R3, i7 2600.

with a new Seagate 500GB Barracuda SSD SATA III 6Gb/s Internal SSD Drive (STGS500401), along with a new copy of Windows 10 Home 64-bit.

Ever since the update I can not reboot or restart the computer using the restart button. I must always use the shut down button to restart the system.

Any ideas please,

Bob

mohittomar13

Mohit Tomar
If you face any problem with the hardware the most probable cause for it is related to the drivers of that hardware. You need to download the driver for your machine and install it. However I checked the dell website but your machine doesn't seem to support Windows 10 yet (only Win-7).

I would recommend to check dell's support site and make sure for yourself. To get full functionality back I would suggest to install windows 7 on it, rest depends upon your own decision.

PCSAR911

That’s one though I had not considered. Before installing Windows 10 I did run a compatibility test and the Dell Alienware Aurora-R3 tested good.
But I never updated any of the drivers. I will keep checking back with Dell. Thank you.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online