Restart issues

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hobbes20

Hi all,

I'm having an issue with a pc that it cold boots 80% of the time with no issues but never boots from a restart or exit BIOS. I always have to hols the power button in to get it to power off and then power on again. This usually works but was wondering if anyone had any bright ideas.

Doesn't seem to be an issue with XP. There are no extra boards loaded just one stick of ram and a hdd. The mother board is a Gigabyte GA-946GM-DS2. I have tried various PSU's with it and changed the ram out.

Any help would be much appreciated

I was going to say that it could be a temperature problem, so make sure all of the fans are clean, etc. Then again, unless you spend ages in the BIOS, this shouldn't really be a problem.

It could also be a virus, so boot into safe mode and run a scan just to make sure :)

hobbes20

I think it could be but the cpu temp is around 47 degrees which i understand isn't to bad.
as far as a virus is concerned, I've reformatted the hdd recently so shouldn't be an issue with windows.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online