1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Restart issues

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hobbes20, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hobbes20

hobbes20 Thread Starter

Hi all,

I'm having an issue with a pc that it cold boots 80% of the time with no issues but never boots from a restart or exit BIOS. I always have to hols the power button in to get it to power off and then power on again. This usually works but was wondering if anyone had any bright ideas.

Doesn't seem to be an issue with XP. There are no extra boards loaded just one stick of ram and a hdd. The mother board is a Gigabyte GA-946GM-DS2. I have tried various PSU's with it and changed the ram out.

Any help would be much appreciated

2. Robsy128

Robsy128

I was going to say that it could be a temperature problem, so make sure all of the fans are clean, etc. Then again, unless you spend ages in the BIOS, this shouldn't really be a problem.

It could also be a virus, so boot into safe mode and run a scan just to make sure :)

3. hobbes20

hobbes20 Thread Starter

I think it could be but the cpu temp is around 47 degrees which i understand isn't to bad.
    as far as a virus is concerned, I've reformatted the hdd recently so shouldn't be an issue with windows.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087380

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice