Restart problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jim624

I've got WinME, 256 MB RAM, ........tonight my daughter was on the computer viewing someting on Zoog Disney and the computer just all of the sudden restarted. It has done that to me one other time for no apparent reason. It's done it to her a few times and it always happens when she on Zoog Disney or another kids web page....why does this happen and how can I stop it ??

Jim

Jim
It sounds like you may have either a Video related , Active X, or a Java Virtual Machine related problem. So lets get to it and see what may be the culprit. For limiting the video problem it may be best to lower what is called the acceleration of your Video. If the instructions for on the fly changing Video resolution is requested faster than your system can respond you can experience problems. Go to start\settings\control panel\display\setting\advanced\performance and lower the Hardware acceleration to half. This will require a restart so make sure all apps are closed. If that fixes the problem then go back and raise the acceleration a notch and try again until an equalized setting is reached.
If the above does not solve the problem then go to the Windows update site and download the latest ActiveX for your system, restart and try again.
Last idea is Virtual Machine go here and download then setup\reinstall the Virtual machine. See Bryan's post number 4 to download.
http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=88910&highlight=virtual+machine

Let us know if the above works for you.

Dave

I have had a similar problem with one of my machines. Checked up every possible thing. But the ultimately the culprit was the Voltage Stabiliser :rolleyes: It was destabilising my system :D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online