1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Restart problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 5han3, Nov 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 5han3

5han3 Thread Starter

ok i have had this problem for awhile now, where i play games and the computer actomically shuts down, but now it seems to have the same problem when i try to play movies on the computer from a file. now i have done some searching and people say that the problem is the video card, but i dont quite no how to sort the problem out, i have upgraded to the last drivers for my graphics card. the other problem is when the computer does crash, i have to disconnect the power and a cable from the mother board, plug it back in, sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt, but it a pain i no that. can anyone help me, this could really either be the power, graphics card or motherboard

the error message i get is
    Error signature

BCCode : 100000d1 BCP1 : 00000000 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000000
    BCP4 : ADA73610 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 768_1

error report contents
    C:\DOCUME~1\XX{5HA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERe79a.dir00\Mini110107-04.dmp
    C:\DOCUME~1\XX{5HA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERe79a.dir00\sysdata.xml

my specs are
    pentium 4 processor
    360 GB hardrive
    ATI Readon HD2600
    2gb Ram

2. 5han3

5han3 Thread Starter

one thing im trying to do is update the drive, and the service pack. but i also have programs like ATI tools and catalyst control both running, i wonder whether there interuptting with one another, so im deleting catalyst control since i have seen reviews that ATI tools is better? anyone think this will work??

also should overclocking be enabled??

3. 5han3

5han3 Thread Starter

i have also just done a restart and again i had the same problem, the computer restarted, was all running fine, then the screen went off, saying no signal, i had to unplugged the power cables again for it to work. any ideas??

4. jazz3000

jazz3000

You have a lot of issues going on there don't you. I think I'd start with Fans and Cooling first by cleaning out the system and making sure their all in good repair. Heating problems can cause a shut down and it appears when using the two most taxing processes we can in a system, Games and or Videos, you're shutting down. If after I clean everything up - and maybe even running the system without the side casing just to test the cooling side out, I'd be looking for another PSU. Try a swap if you can get your hands on one but make sure it's a better one. Sometimes they just can't keep up with what we're running. Then I'd be looking into a Video Card. (Make sure if there's a fan on it, that it works as well.). Make sure your Video Card isn't too close to other cards where it's heat might cause a shut down.
    Check your Bios out for Temps. Your Device Manager for possible issues, and check your error logs under Administrative tools to see if it's trying to tell you something when the system shuts down.

Clean you're OS up if you haven't and use http://www.cpuid.com/pcwizard.php and test the system out. Check to see if there is a problem with memory - hd etc. Let us know...Jazz

p.s. There may well be someone a lot more in the know so check back.

5. 5han3

5han3 Thread Starter

the side of the case is always off, cause of my fan always getting hot, and is clean. but i cant see it overheating, cause i don't understand why it wont come straight back on, i have to disconnect power cable.

the graphics card does have a fan which is running

my guess is the PSU but i replaced that not long ago, well shop did, im going to take it back 2morz and get them to change it to see if that works.

the cpu is running at 62c, which is high i think and it shuts down at 100c, thats running at like 5% processor activity

harddrive at 30

GPU is 38c

thats all i can think of

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/646312

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice