1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Restart, restart before logo - i have tried everything to my knowledge, plz help

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by aceooo2, Mar 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aceooo2

aceooo2 Guest Thread Starter

hi all,

I was reinstalling windows xp home and it stayed in the same position for like an hour,
    so I had no choice but to either restart or turnoff. I did this and now I can even
    boot past the logo screen.
    I have tried inserting XP home disk but it does not have any previous version
    installed and only has the option to format the drive. GRR
    I tried safe mode, vga, last known config but all dont work .
    It seems that Windows/system32/config/system.log is the file (also get blue screen of
    death after trying recovery console, but hard drive is still in tact.
    Fortunately I have backed up most of my system. I would still like to get it back though.
    I havent got any servie packs so I cant turn of 'disable automatic restart..'

I can obtain a professional xp disk as my xp home is only an 'upgrade' verison (whats
    the difference?), will this help?

I also cant use recovery console as every time I select '1' it just restarts and
    I cant use the cmd prompt after it.

I have checked my cables and inside computer, all seems intact.
    Reset bios as well

Please help anyone, I have run out of ideas.
    Many advance thanks,

ace

2. aceooo2

Make: Time Computers
    O/S: Windows XP Home Edition, No service pack
    AMD Athlon 2800+ , 3Gig DDR Ram, 128mb (AGP),
    Simple Details :) : My computer keeps restarting just before the XP logo.

Bump

3. aceooo2

I managed to fix this problem by pulling out all USB ports as it may not recognise them on startup but now I have a new problem:-

Just before the Windows XP logo it shows an 'EXECEPTION error 00000006 (IRQL)'
    With the file Windows\System32\Config\System being corrupt.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/689184

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice