1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Restart when I plug in or unplug flash drive.

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by angelkiller117, Aug 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. angelkiller117

angelkiller117 Thread Starter

Just about every time I plug in or unplug my flash drive my computer resets itself...I've been looking for answers on google, but I haven't found any real answers...I have Windows Vista Home Premium...If you need any more info just ask...any help appreciated, thanks!

Edit--
    This hasn't always been a problem, it has only been happening for two weeks at most.

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Are you using the "Safe to remove device" icon in the notification area (systray)?

3. Rich-M

Rich-M

A flash drive does not need you to do that as it is a "removable drive"

4. Rich-M

Rich-M

Does this flash drive cause this on any other computer?
    Tell us your brand and model or hardware...

5. JamesRandom

JamesRandom

Even with a flash drive, you should use the method DaveA described. the term "removable drive" is rather abstract in that it simply means you can remove the drive from the computer. The safest way to execute this removal us to use the "Safe to Remove Device" icon. Which also prevents fileloss and, i suspect, your problem

6. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    "A flash drive does not need you to do that as it is a "removable drive" "

You are VERY WRONG on this as you have found out. The improper remove of some USB devices will result in the system be messed up along with loss of data being transfered.

7. Rich-M

Rich-M

Found out??? I don't think so there is no need to "safely remove" flash drive sorry to say.
    Now you can right click the drive and optimize for safe removal in Device Manager under disk drives if you prefer!

8. angelkiller117

angelkiller117 Thread Starter

I have no problems with it on any other computer and no I have not been using the safely remove hardware thing.

And this is the computer I have

http://global.acer.com/products/desktop/ase380.htm

Also I said it's not just when I remove the flash drive...it is also when I just plug it in.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/614967

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice