1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Restart WIth a (might be) problem HELP please

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by MrGrim, Mar 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MrGrim

MrGrim Thread Starter

Hello My computer spontaniously restarts when i do a disk clean up, virus scan or any type of scan as well as when i play games... if i uncheck the restart option availaible a blue screen comes up.. but i've read many of this restart problems and all sums up to be the ram my DDR is 512mg but in my computer specs it only reads 384mg is this normal.. can this be causing the problem?

Mircosoft Windows XP Home Edition
    Version 2002
    Service Pack 2

AMD Athlon 64 Proccesor
    3300+
    2.41 GHz, 384MB of RAM(my actual RAM SUPPOSE TO BE 512)

2. norton850

norton850

How much RAM is read by BIOS? The 128 difference could be assigned to video. Do you have onboard video? What does the blue screen say?

3. MrGrim

MrGrim Thread Starter

ermonboard? >< i know its install meaning i cant take it off and the blue screen says

this is all i could rite down sorry but hope it helps

Priblem seems to be caused by the following file:
    win32k.sy
    PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Stop. 0x00000050(0xF000EF5,0x00000001,0xBF80170A,0x00000002

Begining Memory Dump...

Hope this helps, btw how do i check how many RAM the Bios reads? =/

Graphic card
    Chip Type: SiS 760 Rev 00
    DAC Type: Internal
    Memory Size: 128 MB
    Adapter String: SiS Compatible VGA
    Bios Information: 0.99.00

4. norton850

norton850

Easy question first. When you start you system it may show you how much RAM you have. Sometimes at the bottom of the first screen it will tell you to press a certain key to enter setup. Common choices are Del, F1, F10.

As far as the error message. Some things to try. In Windows hit the start button and then run. Type in CMD and press enter. Your cursor will be at the end of of line that says Documents and setting and perhaps your name. Type in chkdsk /r. You will get a message that it can't be done and do you want to run this the next time you startup. Choose yes close the box and restart. Chkdsk should run and look for problems.

Also try checking your RAM with this utility http://www.memtest.org/

5. MrGrim

MrGrim Thread Starter

So wats your assumption? Bad RAM because unfourtunaly i have no floppy drive(and i would like to ask you for some help on installing one) therefore i cant run Memtest .... Well thanks anyway if your can help me i'll be very thankful

6. MrGrim

MrGrim Thread Starter

well i found out that my ram wasnt causing the problem =/ What can be causing this erorr?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/449178

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice