Restarting after resetting the system

Nate9161

Ever since I wiped my PC to reinstall the necessary software and application, it gives me an error about an unexpected restart and gives a a prompt to restart but results to a blank screen.IMG_3491.JPG

crjdriver

I wiped my PC
How exactly did you accomplish this task ie from within windows, from a recovery partition, clean install from a usb boot disk, what?
Have you downloaded and installed the necessary drivers from the support page for your system?

Nate9161

How exactly did you accomplish this task ie from within windows, from a recovery partition, clean install from a usb boot disk, what?
Have you downloaded and installed the necessary drivers from the support page for your system?
I just followed the wipe hard drive option on it

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
From what I see in your image, your PC is a HP brand.
What is the exact model number(M/N) and product number(P/N) and serial number(S/N) on it?

------------------------------------------------

Nate9161

From what I see in your image, your PC is a HP brand.
What is the exact model number(M/N) and product number(P/N) and serial number(S/N) on it?

------------------------------------------------
it's a hp envy 23 I don't know the rest

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
it's a hp envy 23 I don't know the rest
Only telling us it's a "HP ENVY 23" doesn't help any in trying to help you.

The requested information is needed so your PC can be correctly identified and its support site can be located.

-------------------------------------------------

crjdriver

I just followed the wipe hard drive option on it
You need to answer the question. How did you wipe this system; from within windows, from a boot disk, what?
You did not answer if you have installed the necessary drivers.

crjdriver

FWIW I never recommend the "Reset this PC" option [if that is what you used] I much prefer booting with a windows install usb and clean installing windows then install the drivers you need ie chipset, sound, lan, etc.

Nate9161

Only telling us it's a "HP ENVY 23" doesn't help any in trying to help you.

The requested information is needed so your PC can be correctly identified and its support site can be located.

-------------------------------------------------
Product number D7E34EA#UUG
Serial Number CZC40709TP

Nate9161

FWIW I never recommend the "Reset this PC" option [if that is what you used] I much prefer booting with a windows install usb and clean installing windows then install the drivers you need ie chipset, sound, lan, etc.
That's what I did cause I couldn't do anything else..........I couldn't log in

crjdriver

OK, you need to be very, very clear. Please answer the following;
1 Did you boot with an install usb, delete ALL partitions on the drive then install the operating system?
2 Did you install the necessary drivers after installing ie chipset/motherboard driver, sound driver, lan driver?

Nate9161

OK, you need to be very, very clear. Please answer the following;
1 Did you boot with an install usb, delete ALL partitions on the drive then install the operating system?
2 Did you install the necessary drivers after installing ie chipset/motherboard driver, sound driver, lan driver?
I didn't do any of those..........I wiped it from the windows option

crjdriver

Then that is your problem. This is what I would do;
1 Use a working system to make a windows install usb. Use the media creation tool from ms
2 Again using a working system, go to the support page and download ALL of the drivers you will need ie chipset, sound, lan, video, whatever. Put those drivers on another flash drive, external, whatever
3 Boot the problem system with the install usb and delete ALL partitions on the drive. Once the drive is completely unallocated, install windows
4 When done, plug in whatever drive you used to download your drivers and install the chipset/motherboard driver first then the rest of them

Nate9161

Then that is your problem. This is what I would do;
1 Use a working system to make a windows install usb. Use the media creation tool from ms
2 Again using a working system, go to the support page and download ALL of the drivers you will need ie chipset, sound, lan, video, whatever. Put those drivers on another flash drive, external, whatever
3 Boot the problem system with the install usb and delete ALL partitions on the drive. Once the drive is completely unallocated, install windows
4 When done, plug in whatever drive you used to download your drivers and install the chipset/motherboard driver first then the rest of them
ok I'll try that out but WHEN I would like to install drivers from a usb the pc shuts down
Can you please send the links for the appriopriate drivers?

Last edited:

crjdriver

If it still has problems after installing as outlined, you have a hardware problem ie failing drive, bad ram, etc. Do the install and find out if you have a hardware problem. Make sure you do the install as referenced.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online