1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

restarting on own and screen doesnt come on!!!!! HELP HELP HELP plz :)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by matty909, Oct 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. matty909

matty909 Thread Starter

hi folks,
    desperate situation here!!! i need help..this is my last resort!!

it is a P4 1.6 Ghz, 256 mb RAM, nVidia GeForce 2 MX100/200 display etc

Problem

this pc never had any probs, but it surely does now. a few days back, when i was loading a game, the screen just went stuck and nothign wud move. i had to restart the system, and on doing that, the screen didnt come on (LED stayed Yellow/Orange)...

No beep from the MB. i checked all cables and all...but no!!
    i took it to the dealer and they changed the Power Supply. i came home, plugged it in, still the same prob. i went back, changed the power supply and came back. plugged it in another wall socket and it worked.
    a few hours later, yet again, the sytem restarted.
    and ever since, for the last 4 days, it is been happening...restarts from windows on its own....i did format windows too thrice!!

typical situation::: i m browsing the net and suddenly the system gets real sluggish...a few moments later, RESTARTS! and then i try to boot up again, the SCREEN doesnt come on neither does the BEEP!!!!
    i got those blue screens of death several times with all those numbers on screen....as the error code!

loaded Default BIOS settings, still didnt help.
    Sometimes the system stays on for hours on end, otherwise for just a few moments!

What do i do??? Please help folks!
    cheers
    matt.

2. dmacattack24

dmacattack24

Well i had the samething happen to me once when the Video card went bad. But, in your situation, the mobo should still beep, if the mobo doesnt beep then there is obviously a problem with it. It is weird that it works sometimes and doesnt others but bottom line, the mobo should always beep regardless, even if nothing is plugged into it. So my guess is there is something querky with the mobo and you might need to change it. Hope this helps.

3. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

Could be a memory problem. Also, as explained, it could be you got a quirky board, or a video card going bad. You may try underclocking the board to see if it aids stability.

4. matty909

matty909 Thread Starter

thanks folks!
    anyways, i was doin some reading on this..and my situation appears similar to what they call "cold video boot problem" or watever! by the fourth or fifth time, the system usually boots up!
    anyways i left it on last nite, and now at 6 am, i found that it had gone off again...though the cpu was still running..the screen was gone! wish i knew wat exactly the prob was, i cud have changed that part accordingly!!!! :) cheers

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/171604

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice