restarting Problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

leoneire

Hi everyone...My computer keeps on restarting its so anoying! Anybody know why or reasons for this or how i could fix it???

There could be many reasons for a random restart. Has it always done this or just recently? You should first check if it's overheating; see if the computer is excessively warm and/or get a motherboard temp. monitoring program.

leoneire

Yeah thats what i think it is! I have a good case though a thermaltake one! But i still think the cpu is overheating cause there is a device on my case! That reads the current cpu heat! And when i got it...it said that the level deosn't go over 90c! So i seen it on the other day and well it was at 86c and then turned off! but would i be right in saying that this is Wayyyyyyyy to high for my computer???
Maybe its my cpu fan! Hrmmmmm

86C is VERY hot! The hottest I've seen a computer run stably is around 60C (it was an AMD), and even that is warm.

Try not to use the machine too much until you can cool it down substantially.

leoneire

Um...yeah well i alway's use it until it knocks itself off! Going to try and get myself a good cpu fan! Or some liquid cooling...

Cheeseball81

Retired Moderator
86C :eek:

A nice case fan would be good

Also look inside and check for any dust in the CPU Fan. It collects very easily in there

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online