1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

restarting Problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by leoneire, Sep 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. leoneire

leoneire Thread Starter

Hi everyone...My computer keeps on restarting its so anoying! Anybody know why or reasons for this or how i could fix it???

2. Annorax

Annorax

There could be many reasons for a random restart. Has it always done this or just recently? You should first check if it's overheating; see if the computer is excessively warm and/or get a motherboard temp. monitoring program.

3. leoneire

leoneire Thread Starter

Yeah thats what i think it is! I have a good case though a thermaltake one! But i still think the cpu is overheating cause there is a device on my case! That reads the current cpu heat! And when i got it...it said that the level deosn't go over 90c! So i seen it on the other day and well it was at 86c and then turned off! but would i be right in saying that this is Wayyyyyyyy to high for my computer???
    Maybe its my cpu fan! Hrmmmmm

4. Annorax

Annorax

86C is VERY hot! The hottest I've seen a computer run stably is around 60C (it was an AMD), and even that is warm.

Try not to use the machine too much until you can cool it down substantially.

5. leoneire

leoneire Thread Starter

Um...yeah well i alway's use it until it knocks itself off! Going to try and get myself a good cpu fan! Or some liquid cooling...

6. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

86C :eek:

A nice case fan would be good

Also look inside and check for any dust in the CPU Fan. It collects very easily in there

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/269319

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice