1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

restoration of emails, contacts list, calender

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by fdll, Aug 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fdll

fdll Thread Starter

hello guys!

will need your help on this. but 1st some background info: i'm using xp pro & i'm on microsoft outlook 2003.

last wed (27/7) late noon while trying to delete the junk folder, i somehow (i can't recall the exact steps) deleted the entire personal folder. i later discovered all the contacts list & calender were part of the deletion. ouch!

i checked the 'help' in outlook and i thought i managed to restore the 7200+ items (i saw my contacts list - that's when i surmised it was under the personal folder) - i think i clicked on the 'help' restore or retrieve email link, or something like. the pc got hung but i thot i saw the items in the inbox. i had to completely switch off the electric supply to the pc in order to get it started.

since last thursday morning i've only be getting new emails. i found only archive folders for emails dated beginning of jan 2005.

techie friends i consulted somehow cldn't lend much help in this problem.

wld any of u be able to assist? much is appreciated.

fdll

2. mrindeed

mrindeed

maybe do a search to see if the .pst files still exist.
    If they do you can add the folders again by doing ...

tools... options... mailsetup... data files and adding it there.

3. fdll

fdll Thread Starter

thank you for replying mrindeed

there were 3 .pst files: one of today, the other archive (beginning of jan 2005), and the other also today but with a bigger KB. a tech friend popped in and took a look and felt the last one isn't the one.

he advised me to check with the ISP. the ISP got back to say that the last backup was on 31st jul. that means 27th jul data had been overwritten ;(

i'm really getting desperate now!

any further help u all can render?

there surely must be a way to get out of this situation

fdll

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Have you looked at the contents of any of these, or are you just speculating that they're not what you want? It might also be helpful to know what exactly you deleted. What steps did you take? If you deleted your actual PST file, you need to find a recovery program, and the more you use the computer, the less likely you are to recover anything.

If you just altered a setting in Outlook, the data is almost certainly in one of those PST files you located but appear to not have looked at yet.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/386599

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice