1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Restore E310 Dell to Factory Settings

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by NarutoGirl, Jul 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NarutoGirl

NarutoGirl Thread Starter

Jul 15, 2011
    I had my Dell Dimension E310 restored to factory settings a few years ago however they charged me $60 and all the problems have come back. My computer is very slow and often crashes and doesn't load videos well. I'm such a loyal customer to Dell and bought an Inspiron 17 PC and a new batter and charger from them and many ink cartridges but right now I do not have the money but they still want to charge me. I would like someone to help me to manually restore my computer to factory settings as I do not have the disk to do so. This is what Dell charges $60 for.
  2. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor

Jan 9, 2005
  3. flavallee

flavallee Frank Trusted Advisor

May 12, 2002
    There's no need to revert a "several years old" computer back to its original and very outdated original factory condition because it's running slow and not handling videos well.

There can be any number of reason for it, and we probably can resolve them here, given enough time.

What's the 7-character service tag number on the sticker?

How much RAM does that Dell have?
    It comes with 512 MB, but it supports up to 2048 MB.

What's the hard drive capacity and how much free space does it have?

Go to Start - Run - MSCONFIG - OK - "Startup" tab.
    How many entries are checked?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1007503