1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Restore in XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by rkselby98, Jan 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rkselby98

rkselby98 Thread Starter

Does Windows XP have a "Go Back" or a restore that you can restore the computer back to a certain date?

As always all help apprecitated and if I don't mention it later thanks to all who try to help.

2. Dan O

Dan O

Yes, XP has a System Restore. The easiest way to launch it is going throught Help and click the System Restore option.

3. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

Hi Rick,
    Welcome to XP. Yes. XP has System Restore. But unless you let the computer sit idle long enough, Windows will not automatically create a restore point for you on a daily basis. I do it manually once in a while.

Windows will also create a restore point before the install of certain Software. And if you happen to upgrade a Hardware Driver, there is also the Driver Rollback Function in Device Manager. That's a very nice feature too.

Go to Msconfig and click the Launch System Restore Button to get started.

Mo

4. rkselby98

rkselby98 Thread Starter

Hi there Mo,

Hey thanks for the reply. I have a young lady in Iowa that is having a problem with XP. ME I am not up on XP as I sould be because I don't have a machine with it on to play with and check things out.

Would you mind seeing if you can help her. If so I will PM you her email address. She is having problems with the signature file in Outlook Express and we got OE so it would send animated pictures and receive them but her signature has an aminated pic and we can't get it to work.

She doesn't want to do a reinstall of OE because she thinks that is about the same as a format or to difficult and soooo soooo, any how that idea is out. So I am looking for other options for her.

5. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

Hi Rick,

I am happy to help anyone who posts on the Forums. I can't, however do one on one emails. If you tell your friend to post here, not only will she get the benefit of my help, but she'll also have a lot of others who know much more than I do pitching in.

Also when these posts are Public, many people reading them receive help too.

There was a 4k size limit on OE Signatures in previous versions of Windows. I bet it's the same for OE in XP.

Mo

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!