1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

restore music and photos from back up dvds

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by KoolOldDude, Jun 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. KoolOldDude

KoolOldDude Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD Turion(tm) II P540 Dual-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 3
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 2810 Mb
    Graphics Card: AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250, 256 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 288237 MB, Free - 254605 MB; D: Total - 16702 MB, Free - 2391 MB;
    Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 1444
    Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled
    I need to restore my music and photos to my pc after doing a restore to out of the box state. I created 7 dvds . If someone could help me I'd really appreciate the help.

2. Oddba11

Oddba11 Jim

Depends on how you created the backups. If they are simply data discs, you just need to copy the files to the location that you want. If they were created with backup software, you will likely need to install that software again to read the discs.

3. KoolOldDude

KoolOldDude Thread Starter

<br />
    <br />
    I used the software Hp has on the computer. But there is nothing for restoring the files. I called Hp support but my warranty is up the want to charge me for the information. The files on the dvds are wim extension.

4. Oddba11

Oddba11 Jim

5. Oddba11

Oddba11 Jim

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1059164