1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Restore Win7 Starter with NO RESTORE POINTS

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by LasPulgas, Feb 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LasPulgas

LasPulgas Thread Starter

I have a HUGE problem with my DELL Inspiron MINI 1012 running Windows 7 Starter. First, please excuse my ignorance regarding propoer terminology when it comes to computers. I'm learning everything as I go along so PLEASE be tolerant. Hers's the situation. I am currently running in SAFE MODE because i cannot restore this computer because for some reason this computer NEVER recorder any RESTORE POINTS. I did the F8 REPAIR YOUR COMPUTER but even though I am registered as the Administraror on this computer, when I got to the prompt in the REPAIR mode there was another persons name, no one I know, so I can't log in as the Administrator and complete the RESTORE process that way either. So simplified, I need to know how I can RESTORE this computer when I have NO RESTORE POINTS and this computer does not have a CD-ROM where I might be able to just drop in a CD and RESTORE it that way............VERY MUCH OPEN TO ANY SUGGESTIONS. THANK YOU.

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Where did you get this machine?

Was it NEW when you bought it?

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    If you have no System Restore Points it's probably because you have that feature turned off.

No doubt there was a Recovery partition on the hard drive when it was new. Can you still boot to it to "'recover' or 'restore' to factory defaults"? If not, did you make Recovery media on USB flash drive or DVDs (using an external optical drive)? If not, you may be able to buy Recovery media from Dell.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!