1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Restore

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by blueyedgrl64, Feb 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. blueyedgrl64

blueyedgrl64 Thread Starter

Can anyone help me to find out how to restore my computer without a restore disc? I have an old computer that i bought about 15 yrs ago from a private computer shop owner and i have no clue how i can restore it ...I keep getting a error message saying "a fatal exception OE has occured at 0028:8C4F75B8..and i haven't any idea what i have done so i was wanting to just restore the whole system..Any information is greatly appreciated...Thanks Janie

2. anglin_fool

anglin_fool

hey blueyedgrl64,
    [tsg=welcome][/tsg]

We need a little help, What Operating System is on your computer? Do you have an Emergency Repair Disk?

PS getting mods to move to proper forum catagory . .

3. blueyedgrl64

blueyedgrl64 Thread Starter

It has Windows 98. And no i do not have an emergency repair cd : (

4. Cowboy622

Cowboy622

Hello to a fellow Buckeye, If you don't have any disks, it might be better to post the error messages you are getting and see if we can resolve the problem without having to restore/reinstall. If on the other hand you end up having to do that route, due to a freezing problem I currently had, I upgraded to WinME and I no longer need my Win98 disk. If you need/want it just e-mail me your snail (postal) address and I'll send it to you complete with Certificate of ownership and product key, (free of charge).

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118950

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice