1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Restored factory settings of my modem using a software program:SUPER RESULTS!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sharky, Jan 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sharky

sharky Thread Starter

i downloaded a (trialware) software called :ModemTest V1.3 by pathmark.

At first, i was thisclose to just uninstalling the program as the directions are not easy to fiqure out. when i finally did, i ran the program which resetted my modem to "original factory settings"(note my computer has gone through 3 years of usage including all kinds of downloading programs,uninstalling,changes to this and that,refomatting,,memory upgrading,etc.).

After this ModemTest resetted my modem's original settings (probably the first time my modem has been set to its original settings) my computer has been going faster than i ever remember!

many friends have told me my computer doesnt go as fast as when i first bought it,the modem's original settings must be a key

p.s. my computer is filled with as many programs as ever.

2. Rockn

Rockn

That would be ModemTest by Passmark. All it does is test your modem, it doesn't change any settings whatsoever. A modem will also never make your computer run faster no ,atter what you do......you may be able to surf the internet faster if the modems settings are optimized, but they have little effect on overall PC performance.

3. sharky

sharky Thread Starter

something definately changed after i ran this software program,internet pages use to take about 10-20 seconds to download completely,now they are taking about 5 seconds. these pages include pages i have gone to for years.

when i ran the software,a screen said "resetting factory settings",followed by "factory settings restored successfully".

4. Catmando

Catmando

Do files download faster (not just webpages)?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113848

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice