restored windows me, now does not recognized cd rom

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cheetah11

Hi,
I restored windows me because my comp was acting so slow and wacky but now it is not finding the cd rom and cdrw. I want to upgrade to xp but since it cannot find the cd rom I don't know what to do. I read another posting in reference to this but it was not helpful, my comp is not a dell.

Thanx, all help is appreciated!

Turn the computer off. Turn it back on. On the very first screen press delete repeatedly. Now if you have a laptop press F1 and F2 alternately.

cheetah11

what do I do from there whether they are or aren't present? How do I get windows to recognize??

Thank you for your prompt replies, I am nearly ready to throw comp out window! :D

well the ide cables might have just gotten loose dont worry. you just need to reseat them

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online