Restoring A Computer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Kammmie

My mothers computer has been majorly taken ofver by viruses/spyware. I can't even get into a web browser to run a virus scan, any programs to run a scan, or system restore. I am now trying to reformat the entire computer but what is the easiest way to go about this? I have a restore CD. I thought I was supposed to keep hitting F2 or F8 when the computer was starting up but I've done this and it is not taking me anywhere. It has been awhile so I might be doing this wrong. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

I just re-installed XP and all you need to do is, put the CD in the drive and reboot. Your computer will detect it and run it. Follow the instructions on the cd. You can either do a clean install or a repair install, but I'd go with the clean install...It formats the drive as well.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online