restoring a program from wins98 2nd edit. cdrom

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

shakay

I have reformatted my computer about 8 times now and I really don't want to do it again. I get everything put in and all my updates downloaded but when I put my Mcafee's virus scan in -- it wipes out my freecell game. Is there any way (in detail) I can just redownload the freecell game from my windows98 2nd edition cd?

control panel/add remove programs/Windows setup/accessories/details/games

Originally posted by shakay:
I have reformatted my computer about 8 times now and I really don't want to do it again. I get everything put in and all my updates downloaded but when I put my Mcafee's virus scan in -- it wipes out my freecell game. Is there any way (in detail) I can just redownload the freecell game from my windows98 2nd edition cd?
Hmm, I would do a search/find and type that file name in to see if it's on the C drive and locate it that way.

Other then yes going to control panel/add & remove/ windows setup/ and games. If you check some things you don't have and add you will be prompt for the Cd.

Weird that Mcaffee does this. I never heard of this before.

shakay

Oh thank you both I am happy to say that this worked for me--you can bet I will be back here a lot lol

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts