1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

restoring a program from wins98 2nd edit. cdrom

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by shakay, Jan 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. shakay

shakay Thread Starter

I have reformatted my computer about 8 times now and I really don't want to do it again. I get everything put in and all my updates downloaded but when I put my Mcafee's virus scan in -- it wipes out my freecell game. Is there any way (in detail) I can just redownload the freecell game from my windows98 2nd edition cd?

2. Hairy

Hairy

control panel/add remove programs/Windows setup/accessories/details/games

3. JJJecj71

JJJecj71

Hmm, I would do a search/find and type that file name in to see if it's on the C drive and locate it that way.

Other then yes going to control panel/add & remove/ windows setup/ and games. If you check some things you don't have and add you will be prompt for the Cd.

Weird that Mcaffee does this. I never heard of this before.

4. shakay

shakay Thread Starter

Oh thank you both I am happy to say that this worked for me--you can bet I will be back here a lot lol

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112769

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice