1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Restoring chkdsk data back to windows explorer again

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Kloppstock, Jul 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kloppstock

Kloppstock Thread Starter

Have some nasty problem with one of my hardrives

i got somethin that is called "A delayed writing failed"(sometin like that..my translation?)
    at E:\ S(with dollar tag over S)mft.

note:this hardrive is not my system drive
    chkdsk manage to repair and delete the bad filepost-segement so i could acces the drive again. but now the problem is thath around 150 Gb of files
    has instead got hidden on the drive and can't be directley accesed with windows explorer..and thei are recovered by chkdsk and the files works as before

however I can acces thoose files with Nero Burning Room LOL. and R-Studio Data Recovery for example.
    first i tryed to copy thoose files to another hardrive with R-studio and back to orginal harddrive. the problem is that thoose hidden 150 Gb:s is still left on the drive.so my discspace is insufficient to succed to copy them back

i have realized that i must get thoose hidden files to show themself inside
    windows explorer again. you see 1 week ago i hade exactley the same problem but that time only 20 Gb disappeard like this. the thing was then that somehow..i was manage to get a alternative to show upp inside windows own discleaner (you know what i mean).
    when i shoosed E:\ i could clean old segment files from chkdsk (the files is loaced in a mapp called found 00.1. with undermapps with the names dir.shk)
    and after i hade cleaned them with discleaner. the files where returning to windows explorer again accesable

my problem is now. i dont get that alternate in discleaner any longer.?
    maybe that's beacuse the disc have insufficient space to bring all 150 Gb back?..cause thoose files 20 Gb !COPYED! themself back the last time. after i hade manullay allready copyed them back with R-studio
    therefore there might be problems this time cause of the size? i dont know..
    now i have thinking about,what if i with R-studio copy the files directley back to the sourche hardrive?. seens the files have the same name (dir.shk)
    inside R-Studio as the ones hidden on the disc perhaps it will just repace them? cause that is what i want right..

ore it will just try to copy the files and there will be double. and there will be the space problem. and im allso afraid of copy to sourche drives cause recovery programs allways warn that completley data loose may occur..still this time i was thinking that it will be differetn in this case..if it will just replace seens the files are the same? but i dont dare to do this if no one say i can do this first?

to summe it all up.

1. Does anyone know any way that i can make windows discleaner to clean (yes its confusing but means restore) thoose old chkdsk files back to the drive..even with my big data?

2. do i dare to copy the files back to sourche drive with R-studio..ore Nero?

3. ore can anybody come up with some other soulution to restore back the files to explorer?

pleassse help me with this.i succeded one week ago..there must be away to restore this data to..its just that damn siz is the problem!?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/485989

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice