Restoring Deleted Items from the Recycle Bin

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mustang Lady

Is there a way to restore deleted folders etc from the recyle bin if they have been completely deleted from there? I put the Tech Support Guy home page into my favorites and got this message:
C:\windows\desktop (etc) has been removed or is unaccessible.
I have been deleted items to make room on my C Drive and may have deleted something I shouldn't have.

Generally speaking, no.

What is the full error message? The favorites folder is not a part of the desktop so you shouldn't get that error from trying to open a bookmarked link. The desktop folder itself was deleted, it should be recreated if you reboot.

I take it you can't see your recycle bin on your desktop? If you can, open it, highlight the files you want to restore and click on "File" then " "Restore. If you can't see your recycle bin on the desktop, right click your "Start" button and click on "Explore" and near the bottom you should see "Recycle Bin". Double click on that and follow the above instructions to restore them.

J.R. Sanford

Email me if you like... jr_sanford@qwest.net

Attachments

If you get your hands on a file recovery prog such as undelete.exe, it might work (hopefully the file hasnt been overwritten)

Will not help now but get the new Norton AV.
It comes with Norton Unerase.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online