1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Restoring PC problems

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by PatLane, Jan 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatLane

PatLane Thread Starter

About 3 months ago, I was having problems with computer, took into PC World and they replaced mother board and graphics package. It wasnt working correctly so was advised to Restore back to factory settings, after this the computer was really slow and hanging, took back to PC World and they said there was a graphics drive missing. Replaced drive and it hasnt worked properly since. Still very slow and tried to put onto it, Kodak printer and Microsoft Office, wouldnt accept these. After many frustrating hours trying to upgrade and update computer, kept getting error messages. Then found your site, and went into the section to update drivers. Paid the money required and did the lengthy process of updating drivers on my computer of which 7 were out of date. Then did the System Cleaner. Everything seemed much better and efficient and managed to get the printer working. However there is still an error message popping up about the printer and I cannot get the Office DVD to work, it keeps saying I need SP3 or equivalent. Everything worked fine before, so cant understand why I cant get these things to work properly. Any ideas, please, I am at wits end.:mad:
    Thanks

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Right-click MY COMPUTER, then click Properties.

Advise what's listed in the

System:

Computer:

sections of the "General" tab - exactly as you see it there.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Device drivers are free.

Where did you get them from that you had to pay for them?

------------------------------------------------------------------

3. PatLane

PatLane Thread Starter

Hi thanks for help. I went into operating systems on this site and there was an ad on the right hand side to load device drivers. I have been constantly trying to get my pc up and running and couldnt find anywhere to update the drivers, so in desperation I decided to pay. It appears to have worked as my pc has been constantly updating over the past few days, and now I have managed to get Microsoft Office installed and my printer seems to be o.k. at the moment. Fingers crossed. Thanks for your assistance, I may need it again if I have problems.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1084106

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice